Welcome to the U of R IEEE Student Branch
IEEE 2018-2019 Election Nominations
The IEEE is opening up nominations to join the board for the upcoming school year. The term will be May 2018 - March 2019.
The avaliable positions with their descriptions are as follows:
- Chair: The responsibility of the chair is to communicate and maintain good standings with faculty, South Sask IEEE, and other student groups. In addition to this Chair is also responsible for the general running of the student branch, and task delegation.
- Vice-Chair: The responsibility of the vice chair is to assist the chair in tasks related to the running of the student branch, and faculty corespondance
- Finance: The responsibility of finance is to create budget plans with the aid of other board members, manage club funds, and give reccomendations on spending.
- Communication: The responsibility of communications is the creation of media (posters, facebook, etc) and advertising of events.
- Secretary: The responsibility of secretary is to prepare agendas for meetings, take minutes, book rooms for events, and post meeting minutes
- Event Coordinator: The responsibility of event coordinator is to host one event a month for IEEE members, and general events at least once a semester. Event coordinator will recieve help from the board to run events.
- Lounge/Web Director: The lounge & website director will be responsible for the upkeep of the website and lounge (ED 184).
If you are nominating someone who is not yourself, please ensure you have their approval.